Color Club: Take Wing Collection

Monday, March 17, 2014 Unknown 0 Comments

Hello! Today I have Color Club's Take Wing Collection that was released for Summer 2012. This collection has six glass fleck polishes: Wing Fling, Sparkle and Soar, Daisy Does It, Fly With Me, Metamorphosis, and Sky High. The formula on all of these polishes is a bit thin and all the colors will require building unless you use a base color. I will be layering all of these in the future.

Wing Fling is a bright, fuchsia-y pink. This is four coats with a top coat of Seche Vite.
Color Club - Wing Fling


 Sparkle and Soar is a bright orange! This is such a perfect color to wear to my O's games! This is four coats with a top coat of Seche Vite.
Color Club - Sparkle and Soar
Daisy Does It is a bright yellow and admittedly not the best color for my skin tone. I don't do yellows well. Honestly, the only yellows you'll ever see from me are ones I get in a set. I don't even bother buying the color. This is five coats with a top coat of Seche Vite.
Color Club - Daisy Does It
Fly With Me is a sparkly lime green. This is four coats with a top coat of Seche Vite.
Color Club - Fly With Me
Metamorphosis is a pretty green-leaning-teal polish. This is four coats with a top coat of Seche Vite.
Color Club - Metamorphosis
Sky High is a bright blue with a purple sheen in the bottle. I was most excited about this color. Sadly, that purple did not translate to the nails at all. It's still a pretty blue, just a let down from what I was expecting. This had the best coverage of the bunch. Three coats with a top coat of Seche Vite.
Color Club - Sky High
Overall this collection is really pretty, but the formula of these polishes is sheer. I didn't like how many layers it took to reach even a decent opacity. You can't tell in the photos, but there is still some visible nail line with every single one of these. So will definitely be layering in the future.

You can buy from Color Club directly or at other online retailers such as Amazon.

0 comments: