China Glaze: Sea Goddess Collection

Friday, March 07, 2014 Unknown 0 Comments

Hello! Today I have swatches for four of the six polishes from the China Glaze Sea Goddess Collection. I didn't pick up two of the colors simply because I didn't particularly care for them and didn't think they would look very good with my skin tone. All six of the polishes in this collection are textures.
Wish on a Starfish is baby pink with an absolutely stunning gold shimmer. The application was okay. The polish itself is a bit on the thick side, but it goes on the nail pretty smoothly. This polish is a bit sheer and will likely take several layers to build opacity. This is three coats and no top coat.
China Glaze - Wish on a Starfish


Shell We Dance? is a rosy pink that's filled with red and pink micro glitter. The application on this was okay too. Again, the polish is a bit on the thick side, but goes on the nail nicely. This is two coats and no top coat.
China Glaze - Shell We Dance?


Tail Me Something is a lavender leaning purple filled with purple micro glitter. Again, application was okay. The polish is thick, but goes on the nail smoothly. This is two coats and no top coat.
China Glaze - Tail Me Something
Seahorsin' Around is a gorgeous teal filled with teal and silver micro glitter. This polish makes me think of mermaids and is my favorite of the bunch. Again (surprise!), application was just okay with the polish being on the thick side. Goes on smoothly enough though. This is two coats and no top coat.
China Glaze - Seahorsin' Around

Here are the two polishes I didn't buy: Sand Dolla Make You Holla and Teal the Tide Turns.

China Glaze - Sand Dolla Make You Holla & Teal the Tide Turns
Overall I really like this collection. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about it since I've been kind of weird about textures and had yet to try them. Seahorsin' Around caught my eye though and I decided to get it. I'm glad I did! You can buy China Glaze at Sally Beauty Supply and other retailers.

0 comments: