Vapid Lacquer: Spellcaster

Friday, September 02, 2016 Unknown 0 Comments


In honor of it being one year since the most perfect fall color ever was released I'm finally swatching Vapid Lacquer's Spellcaster. This polish is a group exclusive polish from the Facebook group Hella Holo Customs and was initially released last September. I'm gonna stop here and gush for a second because it was my girl Christie's photo submission (she didn't take the picture) that was chosen as inspiration for this and Krys blew it out of the park. 

IS THIS NOT PERFECTION?
Okay, so now that you've seen the gorgeous photo that inspired this polish, let's get onto the swatches. I took about a million photos because this polish is so complex and shifty. It's a chocolate brown one minute, then golden the next and then all the sudden it's green. And all the while it's shifting through these colors there's pink shimmer and flakies and holo and just so much going on it's so difficult to describe. It is, in my humble opinion, the best fall polish I have ever laid eyes on. 

Indoor with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs
Those are legit all the same polish and all taken in the same lighting. The only thing I adjusted was the angle of the camera. This is my standard three coats with a top coat of Vapid's High Shine Quick Dry Top Coat. If you do your coats thicker than I do you could get this in two coats just fine and perhaps even one. The opacity is excellent on it. I just like three coats. Glides on silky smooth and isn't too thick nor thin. 

Indoors with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs
I couldn't decide which of these macros I liked better so I just decided to post both even though they're very similar. Unfortunately, Spellcaster isn't around any longer though Hella Holo Customs and Vapid could decide to do a re-release at some point. They did one earlier this year so it's not unheard of. Or you might be able to find someone in the HHC group who is willing to sell. 

0 comments: