Shooting Star Sunday: Lacerta

Sunday, September 04, 2016 Unknown 0 Comments


Hello my dears! So if you know me you may know that Different Dimension is my most owned brand. It was one of the first indies I started collecting back in 2013 and remains one of my go to brands to this day. The Shooting Star series is a collection of limited edition polishes that Missi started releasing just before Halloween 2014. I somehow missed the first ones (how I did that exactly I'm still trying to figure out) and had been hunting for Andromeda for almost 2 years. 2 years! I finally found someone selling it the other day. Upon completing my Shooting Star collection I decided to start a "Shooting Star Sunday" series and feature one each Sunday.

And thus, here we are with the very first post in this series. The first one I decided to show you is my absolute favorite purple holo ever, Lacerta. Lacerta is a medium true purple linear holo that is, in my humble opinion, the perfect purple for Baltimore Ravens fans. The formula is silky smooth and can easily be a one coater if you don't go too thin on the first coat. Shown below is two coats with a glossy top coat.

Indoors with daylight bulbs
I just want to point out that the two macros below pull ever so slightly more blue than it is in person. I'm not sure if it's because of the holo flare or if the lighting made it pull that way, but it's a true purple like the above photos and not a blurple.

Indoors with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs
Lacerta was a limited edition release in November of 2015, so it's no longer available, but you might be able to find someone who it didn't work out for and is willing to part with it. What do you think of this polish? Let me know in the comments!


0 comments: