Glam Polish: Wizardly Ways Collection

Sunday, November 20, 2016 Unknown 0 Comments


Hey y'all! Today I've got the upcoming Wizardly Ways Collection from Glam Polish! This is a gorgeous six piece collection of color shifting glitters inspired by tales of wizards in films and literature. Seriously, the photos really don't do these justice. Let's get right to the swatches, but stick around at the end because I have release info for this collection and the dirty deets on the Black Friday/Glam's 4th Anniversary sale that's going to be happening!

An Unexpected Journey is a clear base with shifting iridescent glitter and a fine holo microglitter. This was the first polish I unwrapped out of my package and my jaw literally dropped. It's so beautiful! I was really hoping I'd be able to build enough opacity to wear this on it's own, but I gave up at four coats and a still very visible nail line. Obviously you can wear this on it's own if you don't mind VNL or if you don't have much of a free edge, but I ended up layering it over black. This polish does show the most color shift when layered over dark colors. Formula on it was quite nice, very smooth and no glitters poking in any wonky directions. Shown below is one coat over black with a glossy topcoat (which in hindsight I wish I would have done two layers of, these polishes are all a bit topcoat hungry and I love that smooth, glassy finish).

An Unexpected Journey
An Unexpected Journey
An Unexpected Journey
The Dark Crystal is described as a plum jelly base with shifting iridescent glitter, a hint of glass flakes, and fine holo microglitter. I feel like this color is more of a wine than plum (at least on me, my skin tends to pull out the red in colors), but whatever color you want to call it it's gorgeous. Formula was excellent on this one too with good opacity and no glitters sticking in any strange directions. There does appear to be some visible nail line in my photos, but that is not visible in person. This polish was completely opaque in two coats. Shown below is two coats with a glossy top coat.

The Dark Crystal
The Dark Crystal
The Dark Crystal
Oz the Great and Powerful is a deep green jelly base with shifting iridescent glitter, a hint of glass flakes, and fine holo microglitter. I really, really love shades of forest green. Green is a color that I love but does not always love me. Forest greens do though and this one is no exception. Formula was very good on this one too. Opaque in two coats and no glitters sticking up. Again with this one it looks as though there is some visible nail line but I assure you that isn't noticeable in person. Shown below is two coats with a glossy top coat.

Oz the Great and Powerful
Oz the Great and Powerful
Oz the Great and Powerful
Chamber of Secrets is a bright teal base with shifting iridescent glitter and a fine holo microglitter. Do you ever have those colors you see and you immediately fall deeply in love them even though they aren't a color you'd typically go gaga for? This was one of those for me. It's bright and cheerful and reminds me of tropical waters. As the others, formula is excellent on this one with smooth application, full opacity at two coats, and no wonky glitters. Shown below is two coats with a glossy top coat.

Chamber of Secrets
Chamber of Secrets
Chamber of Secrets
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is a dusty violet base with shifting iridescent glitter, a hint of glass flakes, and fine holo microglitter. Okay, so straight up: I am a sucker for purple. It's my go to color for every occasion so I suppose it was only natural that I really loved this polish. Just like the others the formula and application on this were excellent. Full opacity in two coats and no rebellious glitters. Shown below is two coats with a glossy topcoat.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Dungeons and Dragons is an indigo jelly base with shifting iridescent glitter, a hint of glass flakes, and a fine holo microglitter. Yep, fell in love with this one too. Told you I'm a sucker for purple. NO PURPLE LEFT BEHIND. Okay, I know. I know. Indigo isn't technically purple, but it's close enough to capture my heart like one. Formula on this one was no exception. Smooth and opaque in two coats. No wonky glitter, but I will say that this one eats topcoat hard. You're definitely going to want more than one layer if you want that smooth, glassy finish. Shown below is two coats with a glossy top coat.

Dungeons and Dragons
Dungeons and Dragons
Dungeons and Dragons
That's it for the swatches! So, I know by now you're probably dying to know all those dirty details. The Wizardly Ways Collection is launching during Glam's 4th Anniversary/Black Friday sales event on November 24th at 3PM EST. As I mentioned at the beginning of the post there will be some sales going on! And who doesn't love a good sale?

Glam Polish 4th Anniversary & Black Friday Promotions:
Glitter for Breakfast & L-O-V-E - Save $3 in total when purchasing both Glam Polish Fans group exclusives together (promotion ends on November 28th at 11:59PM EST).

Wizardly Ways Collection - Save 10% when you purchase the full collection, no code required (promotion ends on November 28th at 11:59PM EST).

Black Friday Sale - Save 10% to 55% off selected shades of polish, polishes already marked down, no code required (while supplies last).

Black Friday Promo - The first 75 USA/International orders over $50 will receive a free limited edition polish. To qualify for this promo your order must be made in one transaction and must total $50 or more before shipping and after any discounts have been applied. There is a strict limit of one limited edition shade per person and this sale does not include any polishes on the Glam HHC website.

What: Glam Polish 4th Anniversary & Black Friday Sale
When: November 24th, 2016 at 3PM EST
Where: http://www.glampolish.com.au/

I think that pretty much covers it. Shipping rates for the US are $3.80 for the first polish and $1 for each additional one. Please visit this page for more information on international shipping. Before we go though I have some questions for you. Questions like: Can you name all the movies and literature these names came from? Do any of them hold a special meaning for you? (Dark Crystal does for me, it reminds me of many days spent watching that movie as a kid with my dad) And last but not least, are you stoked for this sale or what? Let me know in the comments!

Follow Glam on Social Media:

0 comments: