Baroness X: Shimmers Collection

Monday, November 28, 2016 Unknown 0 Comments


Hey guys! I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving! (For those that don't celebrate, I hope it was a good Thursday!) I know posts have been rather sporadic this last month or so but that's simply because I've just been incredibly busy with life in general. I think we all know that feeling this time of year. lol I've been sitting on these Baroness X shimmer toppers for a hot minute though and I'm really excited to share them with you today! 

Diamante (Diamond) is a white/silver shimmer that also has a bit of a shift to it! You can really see the shiftiness of it in the cabochon and macro shots... there is fuchsia, green, and a bit of aqua! For the most part though this polish has a silvery white shimmer to it with those colors flashing throughout as you move your fingers. Shown below is two coats over black with a glossy top coat.

Diamante
Diamante
Diamante
Diamante
Rubí (Ruby) is a rosy pink shimmer that flashes fuchsia and copper at just the right angle. You can really see those copper flecks in the cabochon shot, but not so much on the nail. This is mostly just a gorgeous rose shimmer. Shown below is two coats over black with a glossy top coat.

Rubí
Rubí
Rubí
Rubí
Topacio (Topaz) is a bronze shimmer that has a bit of a green shift to it at some angles. Just a bit though. You can see it best in the cabochon and macro photos, but like Rubí the shift isn't very noticeable in person. You can catch a flash of green here and there but it's mostly a bronze shimmer. Shown below is two coats over black with a glossy top coat.

Topacio
Topacio
Topacio
Topacio
Citrino (Citrine) is a gold shimmer that has a bit of a green shift to it. Like the others this is best seen in the cabochon and macro shots and isn't super visible in person. Shown below is two coats over black with a glossy top coat.

Citrino
Citrino
Citrino
Citrino
Esmeralda (Emerald) is a green shimmer that seems to shift between an emerald green and a forest green, but the emerald green is definite dominant. Shown below is two coats over black with a glossy top coat. 

Esmeralda
Esmeralda
Esmeralda
Esmeralda
Apatito (Apatite) is an aqua blue shimmer that just straight up reminds me of tropical waters. I want to swim in it. Seriously though, can you imagine swimming in blue water that shimmered like this? It would be so amazing. Shown below is two coats over black with a glossy top coat.

Apatito
Apatito
Apatito
Apatito
Zafiro (Sapphire) is a deep sapphire blue shimmer that has pops and flashes of an indigo/purple. This was the one shimmer I really had a hard time capturing any of the shift on. I could clearly see the purple shift in person, but getting that to translate to camera was a different story. It's not a super strong shift, but it's there. Shown below is three coats over black with a glossy top coat. I did three coats hoping it would make the dark color pop a bit more on black, but it really didn't make much of a difference. Two coats is totally sufficient. 

Zafiro
Zafiro
Zafiro
Zafiro
Amatista (Amethyst) is a deep violet shimmer that has a bit of a fuchsia-ish purple shift to it. Shown below is three coats over black and a glossy top coat. I again did three coats in attempt to make the color pop a bit more and I definitely think it helped this one. Two coats will absolutely work for you, but I preferred three for this one.

Amatista
Amatista
Amatista
Amatista
That's it for the photos! In case you hadn't figured it out already they're named after gemstones! But to give it a bit of a twist the names are in Spanish. I didn't comment on the formula of each polish because they were all virtually the same and I didn't want to be repeating myself over and over, but the formula on all of these is neither too thin nor too thick. None of these will be opaque on their own since they're toppers and I think they look best over dark colors. When I first got these I put them over both black and white on a nail wheel and they definitely popped and looked so much more amazing over the black. I also want to note that the shifts on all of these are very subtle in person and non-existent looking at just the bottle. Subtle to the point where when I sent Demi photos we had a conversation about some of them being surprise shifters (like Diamante). 

What: Baroness X Shimmer Topper Collection
Where: baronessx.com
When: December 4th, time TBD

This collection is releasing on December 4th and will have a special sale price of $55 for the whole set, you pick 4 for $30, or they will be $8.50 for individual bottles. The special sale prices are temporary, so grab them while you can get that sale price! There will also be a duo from Baroness X and Tonic Polish releasing the same time as these. I don't have any swatches of those, but keep an eye out over at Bedlam Beauty because I think Nichole is going to be dropping those within the next week. I've seen teasers. They're sexy and you're gonna want everything.

Follow Baroness X on Social Media:

0 comments: