Baroness X: Obsidian & Vox Populi

Sunday, October 23, 2016 Unknown 0 Comments


Hey guys! So I know there's been a bit of an absence lately. It's been a busy month for me. I turned 30 a few weeks ago, that same day two of my best friends got married, last week I was in Miami, and later today I have another friend's wedding to attend. So like I've said, I've been busy. Which also means I'm behind on blogging stuff. I'm trying to catch up though. lol

Anyhow! Today I've got some new Baroness X polishes to show you, Obsidian and Vox Populi! These are both gorgeous polishes and exactly what I've come to expect from Demi. Let's get onto the swatches then...

Obsidian is the new group custom for the Baroness X facebook group, The X Army. It's a black jelly base packed with that magical unicorn pigment that was found in Clarins 230 and the original Max Factor Fantasy Fire. I found it best to build this with medium coats and waiting for each layer to dry completely before doing the next. Shown below is three coats with a glossy top coat. I know in the one picture it shows VNL, but you can't see that in person. I also had a really hard time getting that bright green shift. It was at such an awkward angle and every photo I took had massive glare on the nails.
Indoors with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs
Next up is Vox Populi! This is a blackened jelly base with an indigo blue shimmer, clear holo glitter, and multicolored iridescent flakies. The formula on this is a bit on the thicker side and it's best to work with medium thick layers and waiting for each layer to dry in between. Shown below is three coats with a glossy top coat.

Indoors with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs

Ughhhh, they're both so shimmery and beautiful it hurts! So, good news! You can totally buy both of these right now! Vox Populi is easily available on the Baroness X website and costs $13 (it's on sale right now for $12!), but to get the link to Obsidian you'll have to come join us over in The X Army since it's a group exclusive. We're fun. I promise. Plus there's all sorts of sneak peeks and sometimes there are giveaways. You want to be there. 

Oh! Hey! I figured I'd share a little something personal today simply because the whole experience tickled me to death and I'm still super stoked about it. I also thought you might want to see a little something more than just my nails. So here's a picture of me holding a baby alligator from my vacation last week. IT WAS AMAZING. Seriously, he was so adorable and soft and it was just such an awesome experience. Totally do it if you ever get a chance. Also, please ignore my double chin. My boyfriend sucks at taking photos (I'm sorry, Mike. I love you, but it's true. You need angle supervision.)

PICTURED ABOVE: ONE OF THE GREATEST MOMENTS OF MY LIFE.
Alright. So that's it for today. Pretty polishes and adorable alligators. No promises on when the next picture I show of me will be, but that's okay cuz y'all are here for the nails anyway. We all know it. Drop me a comment on what you think of these and come join us over in The X Army.

Follow Baroness X on social media:

0 comments: