Baroness X: La Luz 2.0 & Bodhi Tree

Monday, August 29, 2016 Unknown 0 Comments


Today we have... more swatches I've been sitting on for ages! Wooo! Baroness X is a fairly new to me brand (as in I just started collecting them this year), but man... Demi's polishes are something else. I've gotten to the point in my collection where I'm being much more picky about buying and looking for polishes that really stand out to me as unique. Baroness X totally and completely delivers that for me. I've got two of them to show you today, La Luz 2.0 and Bodhi Tree.

Let's start with La Luz 2.0. This polish is like a light orchid purple that has this gorgeous blue shimmer and holo to make it all pop. This is hands down one of my favorite purples ever. A little bit on the thick side, but easily manageable to work with. All swatches are three coats topped with Vapid Lacquer's High Shine Quick Dry Top Coat.

Indoors with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs
Next up we have Bodhi Tree. Every month Demi has a  Mythical Monthly Mystery polish which includes a polish (duh, obviously) and two other goodies which vary with each month. Bodhi Tree was June's polish and is probably my favorite out of the few I have so far. This polish came with sugar baubles and matte lotion in a Sacred Fig scent (neither of those pictured because they're done and gone - used those bad boys right up). You can't buy this one currently, but Demi has said that it's going to make a comeback, so keep your eyes peeled for it!

Bodhi Tree is a purple base that is packed full of blue shimmer and flakies with a pinch of holo for extra sparkle. This one is thinner than La Luz 2.0 and applies very easily and smoothly. This is three coats topped with Vapid Lacquer's High Shine Quick Dry Top Coat. 

Indoors with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs
I seriously love both of these polishes so much. Doomfire is what caught my attention, these two are what solidified me as a Baroness X fan. La Luz 2.0 is currently available on the Baroness X website for $11, you can purchase it here. Bohi Tree isn't available now, but will be making a comeback in the future so keep an eye out for it! Come join us in The X Army on facebook to see sneak peeks of upcoming polishes, special sales, and group customs! Plus tbh it's just an awesome group of people, so come hang with us!

0 comments: