Le Polish: Love Your Mother (Earth) Collection

Friday, April 15, 2016 Unknown 0 Comments



Hey guys! Today I have a few of the polishes from the le polish Love Your Mother (Earth) Collection. First, let me say how excited I am about the theme because it totally appeals to my nerdy side. I am a HUGE fan of Greek mythology. There are four polishes in this collection: Gaia, Rhea, Demeter, and Persephone. I have Demeter and Persephone for you today. Which is perfect because the two of them are so closely intertwined.

Let's start with Demeter, goddess of the harvest and fertility of the earth as well as the mother to Persephone. This is a spring green crelly filled with various shaped pink and gold holo glitters and pink micro flakies. Application was smooth with this one, but it leans on the sheer side. I still had some visible nail line with three coats. Full opacity was achieved at four coats. I'd suggest using undies with this one if that many coats bothers you. It does give the polish a lovely depth though. Shown here is four coats with a top coat of Seche Vite. It only took one coat to achieve a smooth finish. Not a top coat eater. 

Demeter
Demeter
Next we have Persephone, Queen of the lower world and the dead and maiden of the spring. This is a fiery orange crelly with hex teal glitter, gold flakes, and purple micro flakes. Application was smooth with this one as well and this one is a more opaque than Demeter. This is three coats with a top coat of Seche Vite. This one did take two top coats to smooth out to my satisfaction though. I need it totally smooth. Snagging on stuff drives me crazy!

Persephone
Persephone
I'll  be totally honest, I loved both of these the minute I opened the package, but I was worried that they weren't going to play nice with my skin tone because oranges and greens are super finicky on me. All those fears faded when I actually got them on. They're both gorgeous and have a lovely depth to them and successfully have reminded me why I love glitter crellies. The addition of the micro flakes just adds another subtle layer of depth.

Price: Full size (15ml) $10 ea./$38.50 collection | Mini size (7.5ml) $6 ea./$23.25 collection
Where to buy: le polish
Release Date: April 22, 2016 at 12:00 PM EST 

Follow le polish on social media: 


0 comments: